Saturday, July 13, 2013

Santa Cruz

While we were waiting for a weather window.......we decided to sail up to Santa Cruz which is on the north side of the Monterey Bay.  Paddy said I would like it and he was right.  I would like Santa Cruz because........it has an AMUSEMENT park - oh boy!
 
In my baby photo album is a picture of me in this exact same boat! 
Knew I'd end up on the water one way or another.

 
 Classic wooden roller coaster.  Don't you think a man who has traveled around the world by land and by sea would go with me on this??????  But no, he's a scaredy cat!
 
I have never seen a baby sea gull.....they have spots!
 

The next day we are finally venturing off to our final destination............at least for a while.  We are greeted by a beautiful sunrise as we enter the San Francisco Bay.
 
 
 YEAH -  The Golden Gate Bridge.  "San Francisco, open your golden gates.....la, la, la"
 



 Go under the bridge and make a left to Sausalito.  This is our view of this adorable charming city.
Looks very European.
 
 Celebration champagne for the crew - yippee....
 
Turn your head to the left and we can see the San Francisco skyline and Alcatraz.
 
Another reunion for Paddy - he and Mark went to high school together in Oregon City. 
Mark and his wife Wendy live high above the clouds in Oakland. 
Dinner was awesome on the deck.

 
Guess what?  This is what a fog bank looks like.


I'm presently visiting family and friends in Florida for 2 weeks and will return to Paddy and
Le Chat Beaute' on July 26th. 
 
Thanks for following my adventures.  I'm having a ball!  xox Q





No comments:

Post a Comment