Saturday, July 12, 2014

Catching up!




I recently realized I have not updated by blog in 9 months!  So I have some catching up to do.


We arrived in Portland last October and a few days later I received the call I dreaded.  It was from Lee, Faye’s husband, telling me that the cancer she had been battling for 5 years had finally taken her away.  Faye and I became best friends in high school – and our relationship remained that way for 50 years.  Lee, I hope you don’t mind me quoting you, “I knew she was dying, I just never thought she would be dead.”   There isn’t a day I don’t think about Faye – funny times and sad times.  I know she lived her life the way she wanted, surrounded by her children, grandchildren, family, and her loving husband.   Thank you for your friendship as it was a wonderful journey.  And thank you for the fuzzy slippers. I wear them every day. Cheers my friend.  I miss you.


 Paddy joined me in Crystal River right before Thanksgiving week - in time to pig out on all the turkey and fixings and friends.  After the holidays we joined the New Smyrna Beach Ski Club for a week of skiing in Copper Mountain, Colorado.  The weather was lovely with "blue bird" skies.

  The Breckenridge Cannabis Club!


Paddy and our roomie Brad.


Woodson having the ride of his life - cracked ribs and all!
                                                                        Tandem!


 Here's Karen and The Terror - she owns a great art gallery in Crystal River called the Franklin Anderson Art Gallery.  I worked there to help her out - it wasn't really work though!  My pay was "store credits" - now that was dangerous.


A weekend with the High School gals - we couldn't stop laughing.  Yes, we are in jacuzzi!

Had a visit from the Nauti-Nauti gang - Allen and Patricia.  Gave them the tour of Crystal River.

Visited the Salvadore Dali Museum in St. Petersburg, FL - that man was a TRIP!  His art work style varied during his career.  Not all his works are on huge canvases.  The architecture of the building was also an interesting visual.



Bike Week in Daytona!  Jan and Charlie Lyons let us stay in their comfy "Rolling Ritz" in New Smyrna Beach, close enough to enjoy all the events in the Daytona area.

                    New Harley!  Now I have a barclay lounger that's very comfortable!


 Girls day at the spa with Jan, Wanda and Becky (taking the picture).
                                             Main Street, Daytona Beach with our host, Jan.
The night before we left Florida was spent with Karen, Joanne and her husband Dave.  We went to Carrabba's for dinner then to a Mavericks concerts at the Capitol Theatre in Clearwater. Thanks for a great farewell!

                                                    Next chapter - Our cross-country trip!

P.S. Become a blog follower - and you will receive an email when my blog is updated.  Thanks for tagging along on this great adventure called Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment